Get a jump start on the college search!
Central Ohio College Fair for Students with Learning Differences
February 22, 2018
Location: Marburn Academy, 9555 Johnstown Rd. New Albany, 43054
- Open to middle and high school students and families
- Wide variety of colleges represented including four-year, and two-year programs
- Talk with representatives who can answer questions about programmatic options and accommodations available for students with learning differences
- Start the evening with 30-minute presentations from 6:00–6:30 p.m. and again from 6:35–7:05 p.m.
The Power of the Village: Preparing Your Student for the Collegiate Experience
Presented by Siobhan Taylor, Head of High School at Marburn Academy
This presentation will feature ways to build skills essential for college readiness and success, including ways to develop support systems in high school and college.
With College in Mind: How to Prepare in Order to Make the Dream a Reality
Presented by Ruth Rubin, College Guidance Coordinator at Marburn AcademyThis presentation will provide action steps to prepare for post-secondary education, student advocacy, the importance of documentation and testing, and what to look for when visiting a college.
- A Parent’s Guide of Do’s And Don’ts for a Successful College Transition
Presented by Carla Eugene MS, LPCC, Senior Therapist at Ohio State University
This presentation will feature tips for parents to help prepare and assist their students to successfully, and independently, navigate challenges faced during the college transition.
- The event is FREE; registration is required.
Hosted by: Marburn Academy