Emergency Family Assistance Program
We know each student and family’s circumstances are different and we want to assure you we’ll be flexible during this time.
The leadership team is actively collaborating with the Board of Trustees to examine the financial implications of COVID-19 for the rest of the school year and into next, and we’ve been researching all available federal funding options. There are so many unknowns at this point, and it’s likely that many of you are also thinking through the financial realities you now face as a family. Marburn Academy is fortunate to be in a strong financial position, and we want to assure families we will be using our available resources to help our community at this time.
Some of the ways we are working to address financial hardships for families include:
- We have established an Emergency Family Assistance Fund to help families weather this crisis. We are so fortunate to have philanthropic partners who will want to support our school at this time and we will invite those in a position to help, to help us in this way.
- The business office remains at the ready to help Marburn families in need. If COVID-19 has created a temporary financial hardship for you, we have created a program to help. The COVID-19 Emergency Family Assistance Program will help families mitigate temporary financial hardship due to the global pandemic. It offers opportunities for qualifying families to receive:
- An option for a payment deferral
- An extended or modified payment plan
- Additional financial aid for the remainder of 2019-20 school year and/or 2020-2021 school year from the Family Emergency Assistance Fund. (Please note: these are in addition to JPSN, Autism scholarship and existing financial aid awards and do not need to be repaid.)
If you are experiencing financial challenges during this time, please complete the C-19EFAP form and we’ll be in touch to review your needs and develop a plan.