The Executive Assistant provides personal administrative support and assistance to the Head of School. Assists Head of School with a wide range of responsibilities, and provides support to trustees, key administrative staff, faculty, and the wider community. Reports to the Head of School.
- Manages and keeps calendar of appointments for the Head of School.
- Screens and prioritizes calls and mail.
•Keeps Head of School and staff informed of administrative policies, procedures, upcoming events, etc.
•Arrange and coordinate meetings and events
- Produces a variety of reports, letters, internal documents, and bulletins.
- Attends meetings with the Head of School to assist in developing action and follow-up plans.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- Design and maintain databases
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials
Management and coordination
- Keeps informed of and assists with revision of school policies and procedures.
- Answers related internal and external questions within authority.
- Reviews operating practices and implement improvements where necessary.
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Handles logistics and travel for Head of School.
- Supports Head of School in work with faculty, staff, families, trustees and members of the wider community.
- Provides assistance to the Chair of the Board of Trustees, helping to prepare and distribute meeting agendas and packets, minutes, correspondence, and other duties as requested.
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors
- Participates in special projects, as needed.
- Attends Board of Trustees and Board Committee meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Key Competencies
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Advanced keyboarding and word processing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel and database programs.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Experience in supporting an executive or Head of School (minimum of 5 years office experience, including three years in administrative support).
- Strong orientation toward customer service (both external and internal).
- Advanced writing and superior editing skills.
- Emotionally stable and mature.
- Experience serving in situations requiring the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Highly effective within a fluid, entrepreneurial environment, with self-confidence and the ability to deal with strong personalities.
- Proactive, with excellent critical thinking skills.
- Strong written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail/accuracy, timely implementation, and quality performance.
- Consistently exercises impeccable integrity, discretion, and judgment.
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Team member