Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Title: Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Reports To: Director of Finance
The Facilities Maintenance Supervisor directs and participates in the performance of all custodial and maintenance activities within the building and grounds of Marburn Academy. He/She must be knowledgeable in the areas of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical maintenance, carpentry and general maintenance. Additionally, he/she has full responsibility for the upkeep of the school grounds. The Facilities Maintenance Supervisor will manage and coordinate with all contractors and vendors providing services and products related to the maintenance of the building and grounds. This position also holds primary responsibility for the safety and security of the facility.
- Participates and supervises in the general cleaning and maintenance of the school buildings including supervision of janitorial and security personnel.
- Assumes responsibility for the security and safety of the building and grounds.
- Performs emergency repair services as necessary.
- Conducts an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep, and repair.
- Examines buildings on a regular basis for needed repairs, maintenance, and cleanliness.
- Establishes and recommends, in cooperation with building administrators, priorities on repair projects and estimates the cost of projects.
- Responsible for setting up and tearing down of equipment during special events; i.e., lunch-time transition, meetings, open houses, etc.
- Will be available to fire and police departments on a 24-hour call basis when building or ground alarms sound.
- Responsible for maintaining boiler, electrical and plumbing systems throughout the school.
- Supervises and participates in painting, small construction projects and general repairs to the building.
- Supervises and maintains the school grounds including management of contractors for lawn maintenance and snow removal.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to read basic operating instructions and write reports.
- Demonstrated aptitude for the successful completion of tasks.
- Ability to work well with students, teachers and administrators.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the basic techniques of electrical /plumbing repair and maintenance, carpentry and grounds maintenance.
- Experience with custodial services.
- Experience managing contractors and service providers.
- Certificate of good health signed by a licensed physician.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of five years of facilities maintenance experience or equivalent.
- Advanced education preferred.
- Experience selecting and managing contractors.
- Experience in a school setting preferred.