Our Mission: At Marburn Academy, we celebrate students who learn differently, empowering them to awaken their potential, to achieve success in school and life, and to drive positive change in our communities.
Marburn Academy is seeking math tutors to support students with learning differences within our school and in the larger community. Whether you are a teacher or have a passion for mathematics and are looking to make an impact on students’ lives, Marburn offers training, supervision, and ongoing professional development in a research-based approach to conceptual and procedural understanding, as well as application of mathematical concepts.
At Marburn, tutors are independent contractors and have flexible hours. Scheduling, payment, and placement are managed through the business office and the tutoring coordinator. Tutors receive a base rate per contact hour as well as a planning stipend.
We are constantly accepting tutoring job applications from responsible, outgoing individuals who seek to inspire students and impact classroom success.
Tutoring will be scheduled on campus Monday thru Friday between the hours of 7:30 am and 6:00 pm
Skills and Knowledge
- An understanding of and commitment to Marburn’s mission and values;
- Be open to professional development activities and agree to employ instructional methods and practices aligned with Marburn Academy;
- Demonstrate a passion for helping students who struggle.
Educational Background and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Hold an Ohio teacher or classroom aid licensure
- Experience in a math-related field or math education is preferred
- All employees of Marburn Academy must pass required criminal record checks and appropriate background checks, including proof of academic credentials.
For more information or to schedule an interview, qualified candidates should contact Leslie Buford, Tutoring Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-433-0822 ext. 112.