Receptionist/Data Entry (Part Time Hourly)
The purpose of the Part Time Receptionist/Data Entry position is to assist the front desk function, particularly during dismissal and perform data entry for the Interim Associate Head of School and Academics. This position reports to the Office Manager.
General Office Responsibilities
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining faculty and staff directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring visitor, student and staff logbooks; issuing visitor badges.
- Perform accurate and efficient data entry of academic data for students and faculty
- Provide front desk coverage and dismissal assistance of students
Education, Experience, and Key Competencies
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong orientation toward customer service (both external and internal)
- Experience answering phones and directing calls
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Experience with MAC, a plus
- Ability to serve in situations requiring the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail/accuracy, timely implementation, and quality performance
- Consistently exercises impeccable integrity, discretion, and judgment.
- Experience in school setting preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry:
- Regularly up to 10lbs
- Frequently up to 11lbs-25lbs
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and duties
- Monday-Thursday: 2:30pm-6pm
- Friday: 11:30-4pm
- Occasionally, the faculty member will be required to participate in certain activities such as afternoon or evening events, or weekend programs that will occur outside of the regular daily hours mentioned above.
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of and commitment to Marburn’s mission
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications
- Customer-oriented with great people skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects, and handle time deadlines
Marburn Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.