School Nurse – 10 month position
29 hours per week
The nurse is responsible for all issues relating to the health and welfare of the students and staff. Serves as a liaison to parents on health and wellness issues and provides education/training on health issues to students, staff and families. This position reports to the Office Manager.
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certification
- Minimum of two years’ professional nursing experience, preferably in a school or pediatric setting
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of children’s intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development
- Highly motivated with outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and maintain an environment conducive to learning
- Demonstrates sensitivity, good judgement and confidentiality in working with students and parents
- Strong organizational skills
The nurse is responsible for all issues relating to the health and well-being of Marburn Academy students and staff during their attendance to school. These include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the Associate Head of School and Administrative team with the development and maintenance of school health policies
- Provides nursing care to ill or injured students or staff during the school day
- Provides health information and in-service programs on health topics including blood borne pathogens to faculty and staff
- Maintains and dispenses all prescribed medication
- Provides health related classroom instruction if requested by faculty
- Manages school health records in accordance with the Ohio State Laws pertaining ot independent schools
- Maintains accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations, physical examinations, and medical conditions.
- Initiates contact with, and acts as liaison between home, school, community health agencies and the private medical sector to enhance the health and wellness of the Marburn community.
- Maintains communication with administrators, teachers, staff and school families to enhance cooperative action, which will meet the health and safety needs of the students.
- Ability to stand, walk, and be in front of the students for extended periods of time
- Ability to participate in outdoor activities as needed
- Ability to lift and carry:
- Regularly up to 10lbs
- Frequently up to 11lbs-25lbs
- Occasionally over 30lbs
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and duties
- Ability to work with multiple distraction
- Monday-Thursday: 9am-3:30pm with the employee expected to be available, as needed, until 4:30pm for meetings with prior notice.
- Fridays: 9am-12noon
- Occasionally, the employee may be required to participate in certain activities with advanced notice such as afternoon or evening events.
Interested Applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com