School Nurse – 10 month position
27.5 hours per week
The nurse is responsible for all issues relating to the health and welfare of the students and staff. Serves as a liaison to parents on health and wellness issues and provides education/training on health issues to students, staff and families. This position reports to the Office Manager.
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certification
- Minimum of two years’ professional nursing experience, preferably in a school or pediatric setting, recent graduate consider depending on clinical experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of children’s intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development
- Highly motivated with outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and maintain an environment conducive to learning
- Demonstrates sensitivity, good judgement and confidentiality in working with students and parents
- Strong organizational skills
The nurse is responsible for all issues relating to the health and well-being of Marburn Academy students and staff during their attendance to school. These include, but are not limited to:
- Follow the developed school health policies
- Provides nursing care to ill or injured students or staff during the school day
- Provides health information and in-service programs on health topics including blood borne pathogens to faculty and staff
- Maintains and dispenses all prescribed medication
- Provides health related classroom instruction if requested by faculty
- Manages school health records in accordance with the Ohio State Laws pertaining of independent schools
- Maintains accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations, physical examinations, and medical conditions.
- Initiates contact with, and acts as liaison between home, school, community health agencies and the private medical sector to enhance the health and wellness of the Marburn community.
- Maintains communication with administrators, teachers, staff and school families to enhance cooperative action, which will meet the health and safety needs of the students.
- Ability to stand, walk, and be in front of the students for extended periods of time
- Ability to participate in outdoor activities as needed
- Ability to lift and carry:
- Regularly up to 10lbs
- Frequently up to 11lbs-25lbs
- Occasionally over 30lbs
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and duties
- Ability to work with multiple distraction
- Monday-Friday: 11:00am-4:30pm
- Occasionally, the employee may be required to participate in certain activities with advanced notice such as afternoon or evening events.
Marburn Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.